Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The One With a Warning

Having a public blog should come with some warnings- 
like having to prepare yourself for the backlash, 
ridicule and judgements from readers.

BUT

You also have to deal with the "wonderful" advice 
family members give you on your life  
since they will all stalk you 
because you know you never fill them in on anything.

While at work, I received a text message from my cousin Leo 
(Yes, the one who said "I love you" to his girlfriend for the first time during Conan)

And he wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into 
with this whole online dating thing...

Leo: "Everything on the internet is built on a foundation of lies. Best of luck."

Me: "Thank you for the positive words of encouragement and support..."

It makes sense now why, at 30, he still does not have a Facebook.
He does not want to be a part of the lying game!
Or the stalking I'm sure his crazy ex girlfriend would do.

Either way-
Wise words from a wise man.
I mean, he was on the show Wipeout, 
where he made it to the final round but all he got was a black eye...
So close to winning though.
A lot to learn from the man.

So watch out online dating world!
Because I know that 
"No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar."
Abraham Lincoln
(Another wise man...)

But these words of wisdom did not just appear once they found out I had entered the dangerous online dating world.
No.
My family was giving me advice long before that 
while I was going through my 'meeting guys at bars' phase... 

This came in the mail from my Aunt 
after I moved into a new place near some bars-

"Something to think about on your way to the bars!"

And here is the front of the postcard-


My family knows me too well...

1 comment: