Friday, January 11, 2013

The One Who Turned 23

I did it!
I survived the transition from 22 to 23 with some people still liking me...


but really- no one likes you when you're 23...

I know, how could someone so young have so many Relation-Shits?!
Well, let me tell ya something, 
they flock to me for some weird reason
and sadly there is not much I can do about it
except embrace it and learn from them all...

One would think that on my birthday I would be able to avoid bad luck, 
ridiculous stories or trouble.
Well, you obviously do not know me very well because
I actually went through a "Bad Luck Birthday" phase.

 I prefer to say bad luck but I am sure some may say  
"Fool, that's all on you!"
Either way,
It all started on my 18th birthday.

Bad Luck #1-
Being the procrastinator that I am, 
I waited until I was 18 to get my drivers license.

I passed with flying colors and became eager to show off 
my accomplishment in my jacked-up '88 Saab.
(Which of course I named Wasaabi) 

I drove over to a friends house to
admire my "new" ride
and then I headed on home.

Now, as a new driver in a crappy car, 
you assume every weird noise/movement is normal.
Wrong.

My car started shaking, the steering wheel was going out of control, 
and there was a weird noise coming from the outside of the car. 
I pulled over, got out and saw that I blew one of my tires...

R.I.P Wasaabi

Bad Luck #2-
It was the day before I turned 19 and I was on winter break 
from the first semester of college.
I was forced to pick my brother up from high school
because, like his big sister, he too waited until he was 18 to get his drivers license.
Thus, I was his chauffeur during my break. 

I got to his school early and drove in through a side entrance.
As I was driving through the parking lot to find a spot,
I saw a motorcycle cop behind me with his lights on...

Turned out that entrance that I went through had a  
DO NOT ENTER sign during specific times.
Times in which I went through it. 

I obviously tried to get out of it but no birthday luck.
I had to take driving school for that puppy and I never let my brother forget it.
If I didn't have to pick his ass up from school, 
it would have never happened...

Bad Luck #3-  
The day before I turned 20 and once again I am enjoying my home town.
Out driving around, I come to a red light.

Now, you know when you're at a red light and the green arrow lights up?
So you think for a split second that all the lights are green
and you scoot your car a tad?

Welp, that was what I did and unfortunatly for me
there was a car in front of me.

That's right.
I rear ended a car.

My car made it out with zero damages but their car had a small dent...
Happy Birthday to me- FML.

The Next Year-
   For my 21st birthday I went to Italy to visit a friend.
I figured I would get run over by a Vespa 
or The Leaning Tower of Pisa would fall on me
but surprisingly, once I was out of the US, no bad luck followed!

Bad Luck #4-
Back in the US for my 22nd birthday, 
I thought my birthday bad luck was over.
Wrong.
   
Five friends and I went to San Francisco to go clubbing for my birthday.
We were in a hotel room, so obviously before going out 
we pre-gamed!

Unfortunately, someone pre-gamed a little too hard...
We walk up to the entrance of the club and 
the bouncer would not let one of the ladies in because she seemed "too drunk."
Mind you, we are watching drunk ass bitches going in and out of the club all night.
But no matter what we said, he would not let her in.
So we decide to take turns hanging out with her 
outside while she sobered up enough to go in and the rest of us checked out the club. 

Bad idea.

Too far gone and feeling abandoned, 
she tried to reason with the bouncer to the point 
where he knew her by name and knew all of us...

Long story short-
Tears were shed, yelling occurred and no matter how hard I tried,
my sparkly heels would not obey the 3-click rule and take me home.

A night of drama and chaos that assured me my birthday bad luck was back!

This Year-
 With those four birthdays behind me now, 
I have entered year 23.
Which is almost mid-twenties.
Which is almost thirty.
Which means I need to get my shit together! 

(Big ass bola bitch!)

But I think 2013 might just be the year of hope for me.
January 10th came and went and no bad luck!
*knock on wood*

My roommate, her boyfriend, and a friend went out,
enjoyed ourselves,
drank a little too much (for some)
and managed to wake up the next day and go to work.

(The only reason we went there...)

Success. Finally.

So Cheers to 23 and 2013!


(I'm too old for this shit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment