Saturday, January 5, 2013

The One Who Tried to Hire Me

With the way my dating life has been going,
it is obvious that there is zero hope for me...
at least right now.

So there is only one thing you can do when you reach this point in your life...
online dating.

I'm young.
I'm still trying to put my life together.
I have nothing to loose by going on some random dates.

Another reason I decided to jump into this whole online dating thing is 
because a few of my friends had tried it and got something out of it...
besides free meals.

For some, they went on dates, put themselves out there 
and met interesting people. 
But for the others, they were forced to watch 
Craigslist Killer with a guy they had just met online...
Don't worry, she's still alive, 
but she did delete her account after that. 

Obviously, with the great experiences my friends had before me,

I just had to try it.

Worst that could happen: I meet the online dating killer
BUT 
Best that could happen: I meet a great guy
OR
a good blog post comes out of it.

Either way the wins out weigh the losses, 
so I think it's a pretty safe bet to try it out.

So I picked my screen name, 
filled out cheesy "About Me" questions and 
started the man hunt!

One of the first guys that reached out to me actually offered me a job!
I knew you had the potential to find men on dating sites, 
but furthering my career and building my resume?
Now that's an added bonus I didn't see coming!

So this is how it all went down...
(Pun intended, you'll understand in a little bit)

Man online: "How do you feel about adult entertainment?"

"What does that even mean..."

"As in, would you ever try acting?"

"Ummm...no."

But of course curiosity got to me...
and my roommate encouraged me to question him more.

"So what kind of acting are we talking about?"

"Adult acting"

"How much do people get paid for this?"

"You could make around $1,000"

Interesting, but so vague! 
Is that $1,000 for one film?
$1,000 for one day?
$1,000 per scene?
The world needs to know!!

BUTTTT
Me: "I think I will have to pass for now."

Man Online: "So what do you do? Your mysterious act is working."

Guys...all women are a mystery to you! 
If we weren't, then you would understand us and 
there would not be relation-shits.

Obviously not wanting to reveal my true work identity, 
I said I was a personal assistant in the health field.
So I asked him the same question-

Man Online: "I am a publicist at a PR agency and as far as entertainment, 
I am an associate producer and performer."

That's right ladies and gentlemen-
by day he is helping people fix their reputations 
and by night he is building his own reputation...on screen.

Me: "No one at work has seen your videos?!"

"No and we are actually looking for an assistant if you would like to send me your resume. I'm reaching out to offer you a career lead because I find you fascinating. 
I would appreciate it if you kept my other occupation to yourself :)"

"How much does THAT job pay..."

"Entry level, so what's your Linkedin?"

And that is where I chose to end it- 
for two reasons.

First, because working with someone who solicited sex to me 
on an online dating site would just be awkward...
and
Second, because I don't even have a Linkedin...

It's only the beginning of my online dating adventures and 
since the local bars are obviously not providing me with many options,
let's see where this gets me!

Cheers to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment