Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The One Who Called Me Out

I started this blog because I had to. 
It was a class assignment and we were required to choose a topic 
to write a post about each week. 

Never did I think I would be continuing it a year after the class 
or still be bombarded with relation-shits to write about a year later either. 

While I have had some people approach me saying they follow my blog 
and have enjoyed the humor in it, I recently ran into the opposite reaction.

I was talking to someone I had a relationship/shit with and 
he was not a fan of the blog.
Guess I can't please everyone here.

Lesson learned!

He said something that struck me in a way that ALMOST made me 
consider ending my relation-shits. 
Buuuuuuuut, I just have too much fun with it to stop...

So in the middle of our heated discussion, he said-

"Has it ever hit you that relation-shits may not be the guys fault...
that women judge on a biased standard expecting to get the best for less?"

I want to lay something out here. 
While the majority of my stories consist of males aiding in the shitty part of relationships
(which, considering I am a heterosexual female, makes a little sense) 
I want to make it clear that I am not blaming the male species for causing relation-shits.

I love guys, obviously, but I am as much to blame 
for my relationships gone wrong. As are all females in this world. 

We learn from our mistakes and try our best not repeat them next time around 
but we should also be able to make fun of ourselves for messing up!
Which in my case, I blog. 

So, I want to apologize to all the men out there that I convinced 
were the one and only reason for relation-shits. 

Girls obviously mess up too, but I guess the difference is 
that we can see the humor in it and write some kick ass blogs ;)

2 comments:

  1. I've been the butt in two of your posts....that I'm aware of....I know as a matter of fact that you were to blame for both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark Jacob and I was half to blame for the first date one. You should have stopped my consumption of alcohol...just sayin.

      Delete