Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The One In His First Relationship

I am happy to announce that my brother has finally found someone!
A girl!
No, seriously, a real girl!

I know, I was not sure when I was going to see this day either,
but I can barely contain my excitement for him.

Sadly it took Facebook to notify me of this wondrous event
and even after I found out, it took me some time to hear the story...

When you see that little pink heart next to someone's name on Facebook, 
 you automatically click to see who is lucky enough to earn an FBO status.
You know you do so don't even pretend like you don't...
To my surprise, this week it was my twenty year old brother.

Yes, he is twenty and just getting his first girlfriend.
 He is a very busy guy, making movies and trying to break into that business
and would always say "I don't have time for that crap."

After I saw that heart by his name, I freaked out and called him.
For once, he answered-

"You're in a relationship?!"

"Sis, my phone is dying. In fact it's going to die right now. I can't talk."

"Wait just tell me the story really fa-"

Click.

He hung up on me! So of course I called him back and 
left a message saying I want to hear all about it.

Little side note about my family: We are REALLY nosy when it comes to family news.
 We like to know who, what, when, where, why and how 
before the person is even done announcing something. 
And when we don't hear about it right away from that person, 
we contact everyone we know trying to find out the story.  

I know, we are a little out of control, but it's all out of family love!

Back to the story, 
my mother called me that night to ask about my brother. 
Like mother, like daughter...
But I had no information sadly.

It was not until a week later that my brother called me back to fill me in.

With a mutual love for old, classic black and white movies, 
they hit it off.
 She is still in high school but, 
he assured me that she is 18.
Thank goodness.

He is happy. She is happy.
And I am happy that my brother has someone in his life 
who will always be there for him.
At least for right now.

While one sibling is battling relation-shits, 
the other has finally found a relationship worth a FBO status
and outing to his nosy family.

I could not be happier for my brother
and I cannot wait to meet her so she knows what she REALLY got herself into...

No comments:

Post a Comment