Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Relation-Shit Special: Where They At?! Part II

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! 

It's been two blissful years of Relation-Shits and I am still alive, 
still smiling and still laughing at myself for getting into so many ridiculous situations. 
I think that's something to celebrate.

Well here they are, the final flashbacks!

"Where Are They Now?"
Part Two


6) The One Who Was Honest

The only guy who has ever been that honest about his non-feelings,
which I appreciated but it didn't really stick...

This honest guy and I became each others Thursday nights.
Let me explain-

After he was honest with me, life went on.
Thus on Thursday night it was time to hit the bars again with the roommates.
Considering that is the only thing to do on a Thursday night 
when you are 21 and in college, 
he was there as well.

A few drinks and hours later we were hanging out again.
Pretending like the text never happened, 
we became cuddle buddies for the evening.

That's right, I had a slumber party...
Seriously.

With an awkward goodbye in the morning consisting of 
"Oh yeah we should totally hang out!"
I didn't hear from the boy until the next Thursday where, you guessed it, 
we ran into each other at the bars!

This routine went on for about a month and I thought 
maybe we will get a second chance at a second date.
Wrong again!
I have such back intuition when it comes to guys and dating...

Following my usual Thursday routine, I showed up at the bars and so did the guy 
but this time he had another girl on his arm.
That's right, he had a girlfriend. 

Two AMF's later and my roommates decided it was a good time to take me home.
Sadly no cabs were around but thankfully we made friends with bar people 
and they drove me and my four roommates back home 
during which I sat on my roommates lap, crying, trying not to throw up.

I later found out that one of my roommates offered 
to make out with the driver just to get him to drive us...oh college.

Either way, him and his lady have since broken up but that was the last time we interacted, until New Years when we had a random run in 
consisting of him asking me why I was there and not in SoCal...twice.
Drunk talk.

Maybe it's time for me to walk away from the bars for a bit.

7) The One Who Used the Same Line

Yes, I was a tool, but I am a very fortunate tool...
Thankfully my toolishness did not piss off my friend enough 
to completely cut me out of his life.
Instead, I think we became closer friends because of it. 

We have known each other for 8 years now and have been through
a relationship, a friendship and a relation-shit. 
But during it all we were still able to remain friends and  
remember that a friendship is where it all started.

We run in the same circle back home so we are bound to see each other at gatherings 
and the beautiful thing about it all is that it's not weird!
Well, I don't think it is...
he might have a different opinion...

So lesson to learn here-
Just because someone is a tool does not mean they do not care 
about the other persons feelings.
Sometimes you can't help being a tool
(though I try my hardest not to be)
and the key thing to remember is forgiveness.

Best. Movie. Ever. Plus, just a great song...    

 
8) The One With the Hashtag Problem

The hashtagger strikes again!
Ok, well his friend has I guess...

After I posted this blog onto my Facebook page I got an interesting comment from someone I am FB friends with-
  
"Ali you're cheating on me? WITH MY APPRENTICE!!! We're WATCHING TV IN HIS ROOM. 
I watch the TV on top."

That's right, of all the guys to meet at a bar, 
I just HAD to meet a guy who knows people I know...
I guess he shares his #richkidproblems with this guy, 
allowing him to watch one of his two flat screen TV's he has in his room.

Why did I let this one go?!?
Oh yeah, because of his #hashtaggingproblems
and because he is a well known womanizer thanks to our mutual friend and social media.


Sadly, I have yet to run into the hashtagger since then but his friend is another story.
Propositioning me to let him take me out on a date to gain readers from his 
"celebrity status," you may hear about him again...

Oh how I miss college.
 I'm sure they would love to tell you about their women... #womanizers


9) The One Who Waited

I would first like to apologize to the mother that read this original post 
and now is not a fan of me...
I hope she can understand that she has one great son 
that just gave some girl a little heartbreak.

Now that I made peace with that,
the real problem with this one is that we were using each other.
We were both still trying to get over previous relationships
and using one another to do so.

We wanted it to work so much but ultimately it was not meant to be.
It was one of those things where you had a crush in High School 
but it was never the right time.

You always wondered "What if?"
We finally had the opportunity to try it out and our "What if?" 
turned out to be a no good.
 
This all happened at a point in my life when I needed someone to be there for me 
and sadly he could not do that.
He was still focused on this last girl, 
even if he was not willing to admit it and I was focused on someone else too.
He is another nice guy but it was just the wrong time for both of us.

Even though I was hurt, we have known each other for 18 years 
and I was not ready for it to be thrown away because of one mistake we both made.

Though reluctant at first, 
I got him to meet up with me for some lunch to talk things out.
I apologized for the way I reacted to his break-up and 
he apologized for the harsh things he said.

While I will never be allowed back in his house, 
we have cleared things up enough to hang out in the same friend circle 
without being super awkward.

I know he will find a girl that will appreciate his quirkiness, kindness and close family.
Just don't blog about him and you should be fine :) 


What chu waitin' for?


10) The One Who Was OUR Valentine

One of the most awkward, amazing, memorable and ridiculous Valentine's dates 
I have ever had and probably ever will.
But that was only the beginning of that guy being a part of my every day life.

How you may ask?
Well, he ended up dating one of my roommates.
No, not the one that was on the Valentine's date with us, another one.

Yup, he made his rounds with the roommates and had at least one date with us all.
That womanizer...

So he stayed at our house a lot.
I saw him drunk. I saw him half naked. I saw him dance like a fool.
I feel like I know him more than I ever wanted to.

Since graduation he has disappeared from my life.
Considering I am close to his ex, it makes sense.

But he is now with a new lady who seems to be making him happy.
Plus they have matching transitional glasses.
If that's not love, I don't know what is.

I can only hope he makes their Valentine's Day 
as special as the one we shared...

 
 So there it is. 
Two long years of Relation-Shits.
While I am always accepting love and looking for someone to love,
once I find "the one," I will be sad to leave this all behind.

My passion is writing and telling stories, but not those made up ones.
I enjoy sharing my life problems, resolutions and awkwardness with readers.
It helps me figure out my life and hopefully it helps you as well, 
if not just for a good laugh.

So thank you for supporting me. 
Thank you for reading. 
And thank you for your criticism.
I would not be able to be as honest without it.


It's all been one bittersweet symphony that's life.
Cheers!


 Special shout out to Casey, Olivia, Jeanne, Stephen and Craig 
for being my #1 fans, supporters, editors and readers! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment