Thursday, August 9, 2012

The One Who Waited

When you hear about someone who waited, 
it is usually associated with waiting to further the relationship. 

In this case, it was waiting to end it...

Another Relation-Shit under my belt and all I have to remember it by is a Hollister sweater.
Yeah...
But now the Goodwill will reap the benefits of that.

With this most recent adventure, I have learned that honesty is the best policy,
but that does not mean being brutally honest after you have spent two months together...
I think maybe one month into it should give you an idea of what you want.
But what do I know?

Word to the wise (men and women): 
If you are not sure of a relationship, tell the person! 
Express your concerns. 

Don't expect anything to change if you keep your feelings or doubts to yourself. 
And DON'T put off telling the person for two months 
after you spend that time on dates, meeting families and 
driving 6 hours to visit one another. 

As you guessed it, this boy waited. 
He waited to tell me some honest but brutal words. 

"Your personality is so sarcastic that it often comes across as offensive. I don't know if you do it on purpose but I don't think you do."

Well duh. I am a sarcastic person. 
Yes, it comes off harsh at times but if you truly know me, 
you know that I am joking and it's funny!
Well, I think it is...
but good words of encouragement. 
Maybe I need to tone it down. 

As for why did this come out of no where?
"It was a thought in the back of my head but I didn't think anything of it. 
I guess I wasn't really telling you exactly how I felt because I really wanted it to work out. I know, not the smartest idea."

Ya think?!?! 
Not the smartest idea but hey, at least he wanted it to work out. 
Just like I want me and Leo DiCaprio to work out. 
One day... 

"It was nice getting to know you as more than a friend."

Yes, very nice to get to know you more too buddy...

But once again, long distance was the main factor for this exit.
Sadly it took him 2 months to realized I lived 6 hours away from him...

But it was not just the distance that gave him cold feet-

"If I am brutally honest...the blog post about peaches. 
Everyone I showed told me that it was very rude..."

This is why I keep each story anonymous.
If you would like people to know you're in this blog, that is on you mister.

But, I have been warned by many men that this blog will hurt my future relationships. 
The funny thing is that guys always say 
"I don't want to end up in your blog" or "I am not one of those guys"
So I live by the theory that  
if a guy does not want me to write 
a relation-shit blog about him, 
he won't do relation-shit type of things
And no guy/girl should do that to any guy/girl, ya know?

What this blog does show me is that people cannot appreciate light humor. 
If you can't laugh at yourself, then you have no right laughing at others.

 I am obviously an awkward, ridiculously embarrassing person and I accept that (kinda). 

We say silly and stupid things sometimes, everyone does. 
We just need to laugh it off and appreciate the humor in the little things each day.

As for the lesson I have learned-
Summer fling, don't mean I thing...
unless you are Danny Zuko.


But who really knows what happened to them after they flew away in that car? 
Maybe it's time for me to watch Grease 2 to see how that all panned out...

No comments:

Post a Comment