Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The One Who WAS Single

Not too long ago I wrote a blog about my brother joining the single world. 

Finally, I had another person to join me during family events 
in which every person in my family has a significant other 
(Minus my Grammie who would rather surround herself with family than a man)

A few weekends ago, my family traveled to the wonderfully 
secluded location of Bishop, CA. 

My Uncle, who has no Facebook and is never up on the latest gossip, 
was not aware of my brothers recent breakup-

Uncle: "Boy, where is the girlfriend?"

Brother: "Oh, we broke up last week."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's OK, I have a new one."

And all anyone could hear was laughing coming from the cabin. 
My Uncle, cracking up and patting my brother on the back. 

Guys...

So, congrats to my brother for reeling in another lucky lady. 
And lucky for me, this one actually talks to me!
It's the simple things in life really...

But now it is back to just me and my Grammie, 
representing the singles corner for the family.
 And damn do we represent it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment