Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The One With A Business Card

With all of the ridiculous situations I have been in/put myself in,
I started to think the possibility of a romantic man was out the window.
Turns out he was just out on the streets of San Francisco! 

Let's take this back to Valentine's Day.
I won radio tickets to a "Bitter Ball" in SF for V-Day
and since myself and the majority of my friends are single, 
we made the journey out to the city that night.

With our club outfits on, we were ready to hit the town 
and enjoy a live performance by Icona Pop.
We were waiting to cross the street to the club 
and there was a guy on a bike behind us.
We made eye contact for a second and I turned back around 
not thinking anything of it.

Next thing I know, there was a tap on my shoulder.
It was the bike guy!
"I'm sorry, I just wanted to tell you that you are beautiful."

With my standard, awkward "Thank you" I turned back around.
My friend laughed and screamed, "It's her skirt!"
And he responded back, "No, it's her eyes!"
 
The light finally turned and my friends and I crossed the street to get in line for the club.
 As we waited to get in, the guy on the bike rolled up and said
"I just had to come back and give this to you."
He handed me his business card and biked away.

Is this real life?!

I was shocked by his boldness 
and due to the fact that he didn't creep me out or make me feel uncomfortable, 
I thought, why not give him a chance?

After a great night in SF filled with dancing, singing and drinking, and good vibes,
the next day I decided to text him-
"Hey this is the girl you gave your card to the other night. I applaud your boldness."

So there was my short, sweet and to the point text,
and then there is his...
"Thanks. It was the day, it was your eyes. I'm a hopeless romantic. There is no real connection in the digital era we live in. It used to be that just a warm 
captivating glance was all someone needed. I applaud your smile."

Can you say swoon?!

I asked him what he was doing in SF that night and he said-
"A retrospective of avant garde radical Japanese films at the SF Yerba Buena Center."

Ok, how do I compete with that?!?
While he was being all hipster/artistic as shit, 
I was drinking cheap rum and watching my friend drop it low with five guys at once.
I have a feeling our worlds are very, very different...

Either way, we have made plans to meet up and I can only imagine 
the sweet, artistic, heart melting words he will say in person!
Update to come later...
Until then, enjoy some Icona Pop!

 "I'm from the 90's bitch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment