Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The One With the Wrong Number

 "Sorry, you have the wrong number..."
Something I am sure most of you have said at one point in your life.
But what about people who text you that have the wrong number?

First you think, what DID I do last night at the bars?!
Or, who the hell gave out my number? 

This recently happened to a cousin of mine 
and of course the first person she blames is the girl with a relation-shit blog...

Sarah: "Did you give my number to some guy named Mark?"

Me: "I don't think so...did he say he knows me?"

"No. I am in the weirdest situation."

She forwarded me their conversation and all I can say is
pass along my number to him!

Wrong Number: "Hi Again."

Sarah: "Who is this?"

"This is Mark. Still up for helping me with some advice? 
And how's the puppy? Better today?"

Sarah: "I'm sorry, I'm drawing a blank. Mark who?"

"Um, is this Audrey?"

"No, this is Sarah."

At that point, I would think most people would end the conversation with the stranger, 
but no. 
I think they became best friends...

Wrong Number: "Ok, I'm feeling really stupid now. 
Have you had any calls for her before?"

Sarah: "No, I haven't had any calls for Audrey but 
I do have a puppy and he was really sick last week...this is very odd."

 "That is weird. Well, are you good at relationship advice? ha ha"

"I guess I could try and give some advice."

Yup, best friend status.

Wrong Number: "This is funny but OK...do you think there are times when it's better not to tell the whole truth?"
Sarah: "It depends on the situation. What didn't you tell the truth about?"
"I'm not sure how much to say about this since I don't know you. 
Are you easily offended?"
"No."

I would be very scared at this point in the conversation...
Wrong Number: "We were talking about fantasies and she asked what my biggest one is. 
But honestly, it's about a threesome. I know that's really bad."

Sadly, this is where the conversation ended,
besides some last minute information he provided.
Like the fact that he is 47...
Oh, and married.

But of course since this happened to her and the area code was from around me, 
I get the blame!

Sarah: "I totally thought you met some weirdo guy and as a joke gave him my number!"

No people, I do not give out someone elses number
when a random ass guy approaches me and asks for one. 

I either provide my actual number, say no thank you,
or go with 867-5309.

Try it sometime...
As long as you don't sing it to them, it should work.

1 comment:

  1. ummmm....one time...you gave out my cell #. I got a call for you at midnight. I don't think you meant to cell punk me, I think you had too much to drink to remember your own cell #.

    Anyway, I had nice date. But won't be seeing him again.

    ReplyDelete