Friday, March 22, 2013

The One Who Was a YouTuber

You meet people in the most unlikely places...
Especially when you are accompanied by your mother.

This past weekend I went home to SoCal for a short vacation.
My mother and I decided to go out for some lunch at the Macaroni Grill, 
yes the place where you can draw on tables...

Our waiter comes up to us and looks oddly familiar. 
While I tried to figure out who he looked like, 
he starts talking about how 24 is SO old and 
that he has already seen so much in his short life.

"In the last few years I have been through two girl friends and one orgy."

My mother being the cool, hip chick that she is, responds by saying-

"Only one orgy?!"

I buried my head in my menu and tried to change the subject to my lunch order
before he or my mother could go any farther with the orgy talk.

 Once we started to order, I realized who he looked like!
Andy Samberg!

For those of you who don't know who that is, I am embarrassed for you.
Only the best of the Lonely Island trio and is a hilarious SNL alum.

Here, take a look-

(Yes, this is my jam)
 So of course I had to ask him about it!
"I'm sure you get this a lot, but do people tell you that you look like Andy Samberg?"

"Yes they do. I actually have a YouTube video of me in Time Square pretending to be him. Here's my YouTube name."

Thankfully you can write on the tables and he shared his YouTube name with us. 
As he walked away, my mother was already trying to find it.
I think he pulled it off pretty well...
 

So being the very funny guy that he is and being the very single girl that I am,
my mothers first thought was-
"You guys should totally date!"

Because any guy will do at this point in her eyes.
But unfortunately she did not keep this thought to herself...

"You should totally date my daughter. Haaaavvvvvvveeee you met Ali?"

Yes, she pulled the How I Met Your Mother line, 
which, if you recall from this blog post
did not work out too well for me in the past. 

With awkward laughs all around, he told me to stalk him on YouTube 
(he is a professional YouTuber. I know, so cool.), 
Facebook and Instagram. 

So what do I do?
What he told me to do of course!
How else am I going to get into the YouTuber circle just so I can meet DailyGrace?!

So now our friendship is FBO,
which you know I take very seriously...
Can't wait for the Relation-Shit blogger and the Hydration=Happiness Vlogger 
to become BFF's!

Check out his videos and go stalk him on social media, he loves the attention-
http://www.youtube.com/user/sidneyraz

Oh, and sorry ladies/gentlemen/readers- rumor has it he's taken. 
And no, not by me.
On to the next vlogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment