Friday, November 16, 2012

The One Who Thought I Was Sick

I never hit the bars anymore.
Ever since I got into the "real world,"
hitting the town is sadly not on my radar.

From those good old college days of going out every Thursday at 11PM
to going to bed at 11PM on a Thursday for work the next day...
Oh how life changes so quickly.

 BUT, my friend and I made the trek out to some bars last Friday night
 and man, did we make up for lost time!

With my friend being the sober driver, 
I was able to enjoy myself more than I should have.
A few drinks down and it was time to DANCE!
Now, as some of you know (or should be warned)
I am not a dancer, nor am I a good impersonator.
But that night? I was great!
Or so that is what I recall and choose to believe...

Dancing it up, two guys came up to us and asked us to dance.
Cute huh? 
After getting our grove on for a while, it was getting late and time for us to peace out.

As I was about to leave, the guy asks for my number.
At this point in my life/dating life, I figure couldn't hurt to try all my options-
So I start to give him my area code and he freaks out.

"Wait, where are you from?!"
With a 'this can't be good' look on my face, I told him.

"No way! I'm from that area!"

Of course!
The one time I go out to escape people I know, 
this guy comes along.
Turns out he knows people I went to elementary school, 
high school and college with.
This town is too small...

After this great discovery and a full number given out, it was time to head home.
While on the long drive back, I get a text message from an unknown number...

"Sup it's the guy from the bars!"

The first thing I think of to stay-
"You know too many people I know!"
Yeah, it is totally going to work out with us.

"Oh shush, I don't even talk to them anymore. Shouldn't you be at my place?"
Charming isn't he?

"I am already home!"
In my defense, I practically was...

"I mean, you can always come another night but I got a busy schedule."
And I got no words for that except-

"WTF"

"WTF what? I'm sorry I think you're sick."
Interesting choice of words there, I thought.

"I hope that means something good..."

"I apologize, I thought we would have a good conversation. 
I mean, I can be an ass hole if you want."
Yes, because that is what every girl is hoping to hear from a guy. 
THAT will get me to your place.

"Preferably not."

"Well I'll hit you up and maybe we can kick it sometime."

Being too nice to say GTFO-
"For sure, just let me know when you're free."

"Psh never, hence why I said come to my place tonight."
But for real, what a charmer. 

At that point I had nothing else to say and the conversation died.
A week later and still no text.
I guess I am not as sick as he thought I was.
Damn, another good one bites the dust...

2 comments:

  1. As they say in the Goonies... "JERK ALERT"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I posted too soon because he did text me! Just wait for that post...

    ReplyDelete