Monday, November 19, 2012

The One Who Cheated

I have had a few cheaters in my life 
but none were as bad as the one who cheated in a game of mini-golf...

Something you should know about me- 
I play to win.

Yeah, I enjoy having genuine fun and hanging out with friends/family
BUT COME ON!
If there is not a declared winner, what is the point of a competitive game?
Am I right?
The answer is yes.

It all started when I went to visit my Relation-Shit one evening. 
We decided to go out mini-golfing for our date night.
Romantic, I know. 
But seriously, I love mini-golf. 
 Easy way to my heart.

He and I are VERY competitive, 
to the point where it's not fun for anyone else 
because we are just too determined to beat one another.

So, as we are moving along the course, I get two hole in ones.
Obviously, I brag and gloat because, hello?! 
That's awesome!

He does not find this amusing OR exciting.
Instead he starts to say that I am cheating.
Can you say poor sport?

But ummmmm, no!
I don't need to cheat in mini-golf!
Natural skills here.
Obviously.

Due to my "cheating," he decides that he deserves some extra swings 
which he did not count on his score.
I don't think so.
So I called him out on it and I changed his score to its rightful number.

He then decides that I cheated on the score so-
he tore up the score card!

What do I do?
I pick up his ball and throw it in the water!

And what does he do?
He throws his golf club on the ground and walked away...

We are obviously very mature 22 years old's here.
 But, being the bigger person, I picked up his club and ran after him.
Not apologizing of course because, after all, he was the real cheater in this situation.

So I called him ridiculous and we awkwardly joined his other friends 
 without our clubs, our balls or a true winner to announce.

The moral of this story is: cheaters never prosper. 
 Whether it be cheating in a game of mini-golf or cheating in a relationship,
it will always come back to bite you in the ass.

As for this cheater, he has a new woman now...
But for the rest of his life 
he will know that a girl beat him in mini-golf (which I know he hates)-
and that is all the satisfaction I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment