Monday, July 9, 2012

The One Who Thought I Was My Roommate

Living with four girls can be confusing at times.
Especially when it comes to other people
getting all of our our names straight. 

But how often do you confuse people over text?

Apparently it's not too hard, and you guessed it! 
Happened to me.

A little back story here-
I had met this guy in one of my communications classes
and thought he was pretty cute.
We went on a class field trip and exchanged numbers 
because we were in the same group.
And that was the last time we hung out...

Then the next semester comes around and I still had his number in my phone.
I have a problem deleting numbers...
I seriously have people from High School that I have not talked to in years.
Obviously an issue in my life. 

Turns out he knows a mutual friend of mine and my roommate Savanna.
Well, Savanna went to lunch with him and our friend 
and apparently he thought Savanna was hott stuff.
He wanted to hang out with her again and when he thought she texted him,
he went for it!

Fast forward to a week later-
Savanna and I were at our house when we decided to have a party. 
We began to text our friends/acquaintances
which included the guy Savanna had just met.
Since I had this guys number, I texted him an invite. 

That is when the confusion started. 

Somehow he thought I was Savanna inviting him but I did not pick up on this. 

He texted back saying he could not make the party
but asked to hang out that week. 
Thinking he still had my number in his phone,
I assumed he knew who I was!

Wrong. 

Excited, thinking the cute boy remembered me,
we set up a time and place to meet- a brewery of course.
Maybe I should just stay away from booze and boys...
Unfortunately, he had to cancel last minute and this was his message-

"Sorry Savannah, but I can't meet up today. My group wants to meet for our project. 
Let's meet up later this week!"

Ummmm, last time I checked, my name was Ali...
and Savanna does not spell her name with an 'H'.
So after reading this, I was super confused.
Luckily, Savanna was sitting right across from me when I got this text. 

Busting up laughing, I told her what just happened to me. 
We both laughed at my ridiculous luck with the male species 
and tried to think of what to say in response.

With nothing witty to say, I awkwardly said, 
"So this is going to be a funny story one day. This is actually Ali, Savanna's roommate. 
I think you may have mixed us up..."

His response?
"Haha. That is funny. Well, since we are talking, I know you work at the advising center. 
Do you think you could help me with my resume?"

What kind of response is that?! 
At least he is planning for his future I guess...
Of course I said yes and helped that fool out
and then we never talked again.

Well that is the last time I agree to hang out with someone 
who has the hots for one of my roommates. 
Surprisingly, he did not ask for Savanna's number and we have yet to run into him again.


If only we actually met up!
Could you imagine?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment