Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The One With Nothing To Text

There is a point in your life, 
whether it be with a friend or in a relationship, 
when you realize you have run out of things to text each other. 

Everyone just hits a point where you are texting just to text.
This needs to stop
and I think it is time to call those people out.
Which sadly, includes me.

I have a friend that I talk to on the regular just to pass the time.
I know, I should be present in my life and less consumed with the texting world.
Shouldn't we all?
But, I have yet to break away. 
One day...

So here is what I subject myself to on a daily basis-

"I just got home from the gym with my sister. Got some coupons for a smog check for m car for tomorrow. Now eating a peach. I don't know what it is right now but this is the best peach I have ever had. It almost became FB status material. How bout you?"

My realization that this has gone too far-
"That moment when you realize you really don't have anything to talk about...
peaches?"

"Not true at all! I have plenty to talk about! I can think of five different things to tell you but the peach was the most exciting one in the moment"

I think it is time to talk less and find new/more friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment