Sunday, February 6, 2011

The One Who Kidnapped Me

At my college, we have the ever so wonderful ratio of 
70% female and 30% male students. 
Being the straight female that I am, 
it leaves little wiggle room in the dating pool I have presented to me. 

Added to that minimal wiggle room is that fact that 
about half of the 30% are not attracted to my gender, 
a quarter are in a relationship and 
most of the other quarter already have a hook up buddy or are basically just undatable.
Luck was on my side last year when I found myself a man, I mean boy...

I admired him from afar in my Philosophy class and 
thanks to my charming personality, he was doing the same. 
We all know what the next step is in a relationship after you determine there is a spark.
 You make the friendship Facebook official!

This all basically leads up to our date. 

Our ONLY date. 

 Looking especially sharp in a blazer and jeans, 
he fetched me from my dorm and 
whisked me away to a lovely Italian dinner.
 We did the whole casual talk but I soon started to realize
that this was going nowhere and his awkwardness became all I could focus on. 
He paid for the meal, pulled out my chair and while walking 
to the car he offered his jacket. 

I know! 
Such a nice catch and yet I was ready to throw him back into the dating pond. 

As we drove off, he asked if I would like to go to his place to watch a movie. 
I pointed out that it was getting late and that I had some obligations in the morning. 
I figured that was a big enough hint towards 
'PLEASE take me home' 
but he took it a little differently than I had hoped. 

As we approached the school, I waited for him to turn into my dorm parking lot. 
Problem is, he passed it five parking lots ago!
 He was shortcuttin' it to his house.
I sat in the car silently trying to think of the best way 
to get out of this whole kidnapping thing.
Jump out of the car? No.
Too risky for my own well being.

Pretend I have an emergency phone call? No.
He will probably ask to come with me to make sure everything is alright.

Start to choke and be taken to the hospital? No.
He would stay over night to make sure I survived.

Unfortunately my brain could not process the information fast enough 
and I soon ended up in a random apartment complex
 where he insisted we watch a movie in his room. 

Alone.

On his bed.

With the lights off. 

If that is not considered kidnapping and holding hostage, I don't know what is.

He laid on his bed while I stuck to sitting in the corner farthest away from him 
while we watched a classic guy humor movie that showed way too many boobs 
then I was comfortable seeing with him on the first date. 
When the movie was over, 
he asked to watch another one, but once again,
I pulled out the whole "I have things to do tomorrow."

He finally got it this time and took me home. 
Besides the whole being held up in his room for three hours 
while feeling too uncomfortable to even use the bathroom, 
it was an interesting night to look back on.  

If/When this happens to you, make sure your roommates have your back!
My lack of support got me kidnapped and I will never let them forget that!

That way, if hours go by and there is no word from you, 
they can call you and that can be your get away!

That can lead to the difference between a hostage situation and 
being in the safe comfort of your own home! 

1 comment: