Monday, April 16, 2012

The One Who Said He Knew Me

My college is small or at least it seems that way.
Most people know you or at least recognize you from around campus
and can say they know of you. 

Most of the time, if I know someone but they do not seem to know me, 
I don't say anything.

Last Thursday though, I met one brave soul
who let me know that he had seen me before,
thus creating some beautiful memories...

Two guys came up to me and my friend at the local bars-

"Hey, it's my friends birthday!"

Me and my friend: "Awesome, happy birthday. Nice to meet you."

Shaking the birthday boys hand, he looks at me and says, 
"I know you."

With an awkward, 'was I drunk and don't remember you' look on my face, I said-
 "I don't know you...have we met before?"

"Well no, but you work at the advising center."

"Oh, did I advise you?"

"No, I walked by and I saw you there once and
was like daaaaaayyyyyymmmmmmmmnnnnn!"

Once again, with an awkward, 'you are really shit faced right now' look on my face,
I said, "Thanks?"

"Do you want to drink?"

At that point, what more could you do besides just say yes and 
try to get to know this stranger a little better?

Once at the bar, he was informed that the ever so popular $2 Corona was sold out. 
Ordering another beer, he still pulls out $2, only to be informed
by the bartender that the beer he was getting me was actually $3.25.

I could see the pain in his eyes as he reached back into his wallet.
While he is handing me the beer, he says-

"I don't know why I just bought that for you."

What are you suppose to say to that?!
Thank you? WTF? High five?
I chose to say, "Well you're just an awesome guy I guess..."

Obviously we parted ways soon after that as we both had to go find our friends.

In my overall experience, I did find myself one beer richer and
more aware of how small my school is and that everyone probably "knows you."

So be careful out there, especially when you're out at the bars,
you never know who may by watching you...dun dun dunnnnn.

No comments:

Post a Comment